Step 3. Import Veeam Management Packs and Install Veeam Virtualization Extensions Service and Veeam UI
At this step, the following Veeam MP for Hyper-V components will be installed:
- Veeam Management Packs (Veeam MPs) — a set of discovery, monitoring and reporting management packs, natively integrated with OpsMgr.
Veeam MPs include the following management packs: MP for Hyper-V, Backup MP and Library MP.
- The Library MP is a common management pack on which other packs are dependent.
- The Backup MP integrates Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure, services and jobs into Microsoft System Center Operations Manager.
For details on Backup MP, see MP for Veeam Backup& Replication User Guide.
- Veeam Virtualization Extensions Service (VE Service) — is used for license distribution to monitored Hyper-V hosts.
- Veeam Virtualization Extensions UI (Veeam UI) — is a web-based (IIS) UI used to view discovered Hyper-V hosts, include and exclude hosts from monitoring and update the Veeam MP for Hyper-V license.
You can install Veeam MP for Hyper-V components on an OpsMgr Management or Gateway Server.