This report shows a list of all VMs with checkpoints, including the oldest and the largest checkpoints in the virtual environment.
- The Top Checkpoints Size (GB) and Top Checkpoints Age (Weeks) charts display top 5 VMs with the oldest and the largest checkpoints in the virtual environment.
- The Details table provides the list of VMs with checkpoints and shows checkpoint name, its location, date and time when the checkpoint was created, checkpoint size and state of the VM.
Orphaned checkpoints consume valuable storage resources. Best practices for checkpoints recommend that you delete checkpoints older than 3 days, since they no longer reflect recent VM changes.
The report helps you detect orphaned checkpoints and better address the problem of wasted storage space.
You can specify the following report parameters:
- Scope: defines a virtual infrastructure level and its sub-components to analyze in the report.
- Business View objects: defines Veeam ONE Business View groups to analyze in the report. The parameter options are limited to objects of the Virtual Machine type.
- Age older than - Age measured in: defines checkpoint age threshold. If a VM checkpoint is older than the specified age, the VM will be included in the report.
- Do not report on VMs created by Veeam replication jobs: defines whether VM replicas created by Veeam Backup & Replication will be excluded from the report scope.
Veeam Backup & Replication uses VM checkpoint as replica restore points. Such restore points may be large in size and remain on disk for a long period of time. If you have VM replicas created with Veeam Backup & Replication, select this check box to exclude VM replicas with checkpoint restore points from the report.