This report provides information on hypervisor versions used in your infrastructure.
- The Summary section includes the following charts:
- The VMware ESXi chart shows the versions and build numbers of VMware ESXi servers and the percentage of hosts on which each hypervisor runs.
- The VMware vCenter chart shows the versions and build numbers of VMware vCenter servers and the number of servers on which each VMware vCenter entity runs.
- The Details table provides information on the vCenter server and hypervisor version with the build number and the hosts on which each hypervisor version runs.
You can specify the following report parameters:
- Infrastructure objects: defines a virtual infrastructure level and its sub-components to analyze in the report.
To improve host performance, enhance compatibility and enable additional features across the environment, VMware recommends that you upgrade to the latest hypervisor version.
The report allows you to check hypervisor versions installed on your hosts, and make sure you run the latest available version.