This report allows you to both simulate a failure of one or more hosts and forecast CPU and memory usage for Hyper-V clusters.
- The Summary section provides an overview of the current state of your infrastructure (the total number of clusters, hosts, datastores, and VMs) and shows recommendations on resource allocation.
- The Modelling Results charts display the amount of CPU and memory resources left and lost in case of a host failure.
- The VMs Migration Count chart shows the number of VMs that will need to be relocated to another host (VMs to Migrate) and the number of VMs that will operate as usual (Unaffected VMs) in case of a host failure.
- The Details table provides details on CPU and memory current and predicted utilization for all clusters included in the report.
- The Recommendations section provides recommendations for the resources whose utilization thresholds will be breached.
The report provides recommendations on appropriate resource allocation, which can help prevent possible CPU and memory resource shortfalls in future and maintain the optimal performance of your infrastructure.
You can specify the following report parameters:
- Scope: defines a virtual infrastructure level and its sub-components to analyze in the report.
- Number of failed hosts: defines the number of hosts for which you want to simulate a failure.
- List of failed hosts: defines a list of hosts for which you want to simulate a failure.
- Business View objects: filters reporting scope objects that belong to the selected Veeam ONE Business View groups.
- Maximum CPU utilization (%): defines the CPU usage threshold as a percentage of total cluster CPU resources.
- Maximum memory utilization (%): defines the used memory threshold as a percentage of total cluster memory resources.