This report allows you to get detailed raw data on specific CPU, memory, network, storage and disk metrics to analyze performance of VMware hosts, VMs and datastores.
This report provides advanced historical performance data that you can export to a spreadsheet application and use for analysis and reporting purposes.
You can specify the following report parameters:
- Scope: defines a virtual infrastructure level and its sub-components to analyze in the report.
- Business View objects: defines Veeam ONE Business View groups to analyze in the report.
- Interval/Start date - End date: defines the time period to analyze in the report. Note that the reporting period must include at least one data collection session for the selected scope. Otherwise, the report will contain no data.
- Sample’s Length: defines the resolution level, that is, granularity of raw data that should be displayed in the report output. Note that data with the Raw sample length (5-minute resolution) is available only for the first week; if you select Year/Quarter/Month as a reporting interval, the report will show data with 5-minute resolution for the first week and data with 2-hour resolution for the rest of the interval.
- Object Type: defines the infrastructure object to analyze in the report.
- Monitor Subsystems: defines subsystems to analyze in the report (CPU, Memory, Network, Storage Adapters, Storage Path, Datastore or Power ). The list of available subsystems will depend on the selected object type.
- Metrics: the performance metrics to analyze in the report. The choice of available metrics will depend on the selected monitored subsystems.
- Include/Exclude: defines a list of objects that should be included in/excluded from the report scope:
- Use the Include option to define names of virtual infrastructure objects that should be included in the report. All objects not specified in the Include field will be excluded from the baseline used for data analysis.
- Use the Exclude option to define names of virtual infrastructure objects that should be excluded from the report. All objects not specified in the Exclude field will be included in the baseline used for data analysis.
The Include/Exclude parameters support wildcards. Search is not case sensitive.
To illustrate how to use wildcard queries, consider the following example. You have selected 4 hosts as a report scope: 2 NAS servers (NASserv1, NASserv2) and 2 Active Directory servers (AD01 and AD02).
If you want the report to show performance details only for the NAS servers, type nasserv* in the Include field. Alternatively, type ad* in the Exclude field.