This report provides information on the daily backup status for all protected VMs.
The report complements the Protected VMs report and shows job completion results for backup, backup copy and replication tasks for protected VMs.
- The VM Backup Status chart represents overall efficiency of daily protection operations by displaying the number of VM tasks completed successfully, the number of VM tasks completed with warnings and the number of VM tasks failed. If you have launched a VM job several times a day, the report will show the best VM task status.
- The Details table provides a list of protected VMs and displays daily job completion results.
The report helps you discover issues with created backups and replicas: detect failed jobs, identify jobs that triggered warnings and ensure that critical machines can be easily recovered in case of a disaster.
Report Based on
To create the report, Veeam ONE Reporter retrieves and analyses data from the following sources:
- Historical data on restore points created during the specified reporting period (gathered from Veeam Backup & Replication servers)
- List of VMs in virtual inventory (gathered from Veeam Backup & Replication servers)
You can specify the following report parameters:
- Scope (Backup): defines a list of Veeam Backup & Replication servers and protected VI servers to include in the report.
- Scope (VMware VM folders): defines a list of VMware folders to include in the report (applies to VMware vSphere environments only). VM folders is an alternate way to present the virtual infrastructure. If VMs in your infrastructure are grouped into folders according to their profile, you can limit the report scope by choosing the necessary folders only.
- Business View objects: defines Veeam ONE Business View groups to analyze in the report. The parameter options are limited to objects of the Virtual Machine type.
- Interval: defines a time period to analyze in the report (Current week, Past week, Past 7 days).
- Interval period: defines a time period (a week) to analyze in the report.
- 7 days from: defines a start date of the reporting period. The report will analyze a 7-day period starting from the selected date.
- Past N weeks: defines the number of weeks in the past (starting from today) to analyze in the report.
- Job Type: defines a job type that must be evaluated (Backup, Replication, Backup Copy, All).
- Group by: defines whether data in the report output will be grouped by Backup Job or Location.
- Include VM templates in this report: defines whether VM templates should be included in the report.