When configuring cloud repositories, cloud administrators can allocate more storage space than there is available on the underlying backup repository. This report helps you assess the potential impact of excessive over-provisioning for cloud repositories.
The Summary section includes the following elements:
- The Top 5 Over-provisioned Repositories chart shows 5 repositories whose amount of provisioned storage space exceeds the total capacity.
- The Top 5 Under-provisioned Repositories chart shows 5 repositories whose amount of provisioned storage space is way below the total capacity.
- The Top Repositories with Least Amount of Free Space table displays top 5 repositories that will run out of free space sooner than other repositories.
The Details section includes tables and chart that provide information on the repository capacity, amount of free space, amount of space provisioned to Veeam Cloud Connect tenants, provisioning ratio and the number of VMs and computers stored on the repository. Arrows in the Out of Free Space in … (Days) column show whether the amount of free space on the repository has increased (green arrow), decreased (red arrow) or stayed the same (grey arrow) in comparison with the previous week.
You can specify the following report parameters:
- Scope: defines a list of Veeam Backup & Replication servers and repositories to include in the report.
- Repository space utilization limit (%): defines the threshold for the amount of space in use on repositories.
- Repository free space (GB): defines the threshold for the amount of free space left on repositories.
- Show graphics: defines whether to include charts in the report output.
The report analyzes repository space utilization trend and calculates the number of days left before storage utilization will breach the specified threshold.