Consider the following scenario: your backup administrators want to obtain a weekly report with the list of protected VMs in your virtual environment. To deliver the Protected VMs report to backup administrators on a weekly basis, you can take the following steps:
- Save the Protected VMs report with the necessary parameters.
- Create a script that will copy the report to network shares of backup administrators.
- Set the necessary schedule for the report and specify the post-delivery script.
Save the Protected VMs report with the necessary parameters as described in Saving Reports.
When you schedule a report delivery to a folder or a network share, Veeam ONE Reporter saves the generated report to a target location by the following path:
The sample script must perform the following operations after the report is created:
- Access the target report location:
- Copy the report from the target location to network shares:
- Remove the report from the target location and delete the target directory.
An example of the script is provided below:
::Changing directory to the target report location
Save the script as a Windows batch file on the machine where Veeam ONE Server is installed.
To follow this example, save the script with the postdelivery.bat name to the C:\reports\ directory.
Before scheduling report delivery, make sure that:
- The account under which the Veeam ONE Reporter Server service runs has appropriate write permissions on the destination network shares.
- Collection session that gathers data from virtual infrastructure and Veeam Backup & Replication servers completes before the scheduled report generation time.
Configure scheduling settings for the saved report as follows:
- Open Veeam ONE Reporter.
- Open the Workspace section.
- Click the saved report in the list to open its properties.
- In the Actions pane on the right, click Scheduling.
- In the Scheduling Report Administration window, click Add to create a new schedule.
- In the Scheduling window, configure automatic delivery settings as follows:
- Click the Schedule on link and create a schedule according to which the report should be generated. To follow this example, schedule the report to run on a weekly basis.
- Click the Recipient link.
- In the Select Recipient window, click Advanced.
- In the Advanced window, specify advanced scheduling options. In the Path field, enter the path to the folder where the generated report will be stored. In the File Name field, specify the location of the script file.
To follow this example, enter C:\reports in the Path field and enter C:\reports\postdelivery.bat in the File Name field.
- Save the scheduling settings.
The report will be generated and copied in accordance with the specified schedule.
At the specified schedule time, Veeam ONE Reporter will automatically generate the report. After the report is created, Veeam ONE Reporter will trigger the script that will copy the report to network shares.