Thin provisioning allows administrators to dedicate more datastore space to VMs than there is real physical capacity. This report helps you assess the potential impact of excessive over-provisioning of datastores on performance of your virtual environment.
- The TOP 5 Over-provisioned Datastores chart shows 5 datastores whose amount of provisioned storage space exceeds the total capacity.
- The TOP 5 Under-provisioned Datastores chart shows 5 datastores whose amount of provisioned storage space is way below the total capacity.
- The TOP 5 Datastores with Least Amount of Free Space table displays top 5 datastores that will run out of free space sooner than other datastores.
- The Details section shows tables and charts that provide information on storage space utilization and the number of days left before the specified space utilization/free space threshold will be breached. Arrows in the Out of Free Space in … (Days) column show whether the amount of free space on the datastore has increased (green arrow), decreased (red arrow) or stayed the same (blue arrow) over the previous week.
The report analyzes datastore space utilization trend and calculates the number of days left before storage utilization will breach the specified threshold.
You can specify the following report parameters:
- Scope: defines a virtual infrastructure level and its sub-components to analyze in the report.
- Business View objects: defines Veeam ONE Business View groups to analyze in the report. The parameter options are limited to objects of the Storage type.
- Datastore space utilization (%): defines the threshold for the amount of space in use on datastores.
- Datastore free space (GB): defines the threshold for the amount of free space left on datastores.
- Show graphics: defines whether to include charts in the report output.