This report helps to make VM cost audit and identify the most and least expensive VMs based on the VM configuration. The report analyzes VM cost based on flat fees for vCPU, vRAM and storage resources provisioned for a VM.
- Summary Information section includes details on the number of VMs, average VM cost and total cost of VMs.
- Top 10 Most Expensive VMs section shows 10 most expensive VMs in terms of allocated resources, and provides cost of vCPU, vRAM and storage resources configured for each VM.
- Cost Distribution chart shows the cost of hardware CPU, memory and storage resources.
- VM Power Status chart shows the number of running and powered-off VMs. This chart is available if you choose to include powered-off VMs in the report.
- Business View Groups Cost chart shows the cost of VMs included in Veeam ONE Business View groups. This chart is available if you include Veeam ONE Business View groups in the report scope.
- Details table provides analysis of VM configuration cost in terms of vCPU, vRAM, storage and total cost.
The report is intended for service providers that have flat fees on allocated virtual infrastructure resources. The report helps calculate the cost of resources that were allocated to each client or application owner, and bill tenants, clients and application owners accordingly.
IT departments can use this report to calculate the cost of provisioned VMs for application owners and business units, provided that the VM cost model in the organization is based on VM configuration.
Scope: defines a virtual infrastructure level and its sub-components (hosts) to analyze in the report.
vCD Object: defines vCloud Director components to analyze in the report.
Business View object: defines Veeam ONE Business View groups to analyze in the report. The parameter options are limited to objects of the Virtual Machine type.
Currency: defines a payment currency.
vCPU cost: defines the cost of one vCPU configured for a VM, in the selected currency.
RAM, GB cost: defines the cost of a memory GB allocated for a VM, in the selected currency.
Storage, GB cost: defines the cost of a storage GB allocated for a VM, in the selected currency.
Display powered-off VMs: defines whether powered-off VMs must be analyzed in the report.
When analyzing report data, note the following:
- For VMs with thin-provisioned or dynamic disks, the report takes into account the amount of provisioned disk space, not actually used disk space.
- For VMs with dynamic memory, the report takes into account the amount of allocated memory.