Database Protection History
This report provides historical overview of all database log backup jobs. It also includes the list of protected and unprotected Microsoft SQL Servers and Oracle databases for each virtual and physical machine. The report helps you ensure that critical databases are properly protected and that transaction logs for these databases have been successfully backed up. For details on protecting Microsoft SQL Servers and Oracle databases, see sections Microsoft SQL Server Log Backup and Oracle Log Backup of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
A database is considered to be Protected if it was backed up at least once during the last backup job session. A database is considered to be Unprotected if it was not backed up during the last backup job session.
- The Summary section includes the following elements:
- The Jobs Overview subsection shows the number of configured backup jobs, the total number of VMs included in these jobs, and the total number of hosted databases.
- The Databases Overview subsections show the number of protected and unprotected databases and databases excluded from processing.
- The SLA chart shows how many log backup intervals within the specified RPO period completed with successful log shipment (in percentage).
- The Job Sessions by Status chart shows results of job sessions.
- The Details table provides additional information on the efficiency of executed jobs, number of protected, unprotected and excluded databases, number of missed intervals, actual difference between configured log backup interval and time actually required for log backup, and number of secondary target job sessions finished successfully, finished with warnings and finished with errors.
Click a VM name in the details table to drill down to the detailed view of the backed up database instances.
You can specify the following report parameters:
- Infrastructure objects: defines a list of Veeam Backup & Replication servers to include in the report.
- Database types: defines a list of database types to include in the report (Microsoft SQL, Oracle, All types).
- Backup jobs: defines a list of backup jobs to include in the report. Note that the report will include information on Oracle backup jobs only for Veeam Backup & Replication servers version 11 or later.
- Show backup copy (immediate copy) jobs: defines whether to include information on immediate backup copy jobs in the report.
- Interval: defines the time period to analyze in the report.
A database is a software component that is mission critical for a modern enterprise. The role of database management is constantly expanding, that is why you need to be sure that your databases are safely protected.
The report allows you to track historical statistics for SQL and Oracle backup jobs, ensure that the configured jobs allow you to meet the desired SLA requirements.