Including VM Groups
Unless a VM group is INCLUDED into the list of plan components available for a scope, it will not be visible for use in orchestration plans for the scope. By default, all discovered groups are excluded from the list of plan components available for scopes created manually; only the Admin Scope has all the groups included.
All groups created in Veeam ONE Client will automatically become available in the Orchestrator UI. However, after you create a VM group in the Veeam ONE Client, the group may not appear in the Orchestrator UI immediately. The data synchronization process between Orchestrator and Veeam ONE may take several minutes to complete.
To modify the list of VM groups available for a scope:
- Log in to the Orchestrator UI as an Orchestrator Administrator. For more information, see Accessing Orchestrator UI.
- Switch to the Administration page.
- Navigate to Scope Inclusions > VM Groups.
- Select the scope:
- Click the Scopes link.
- In the Change Scope window, select a check box next to the required scope, and click Apply.
- Select check boxes next to the necessary groups, and click Include or Exclude.
You can simultaneously edit the list of plan components available for multiple scopes. To do that, select check boxes next to the required scopes in the Change Scope window. After you click Include or Exclude, the changes will be applied to all the selected scopes at the same time.
After you make a VM group INCLUDED for a scope, Plan Authors will be able to add this group to orchestration plans for the scope. For more information on creating and editing orchestration plans, see Working with Orchestration Plans.