Uninstalling Orchestrator Agents
If you no longer need a Veeam Backup & Replication server to be present in your Orchestrator infrastructure, you can uninstall the Orchestrator agent running on the server.
- Select the Orchestrator agent and click Uninstall.
- The Check Component Dependency window will inform you if any DataLabs or orchestration plans are related to the Veeam Backup & Replication server.
- If any of the items occur to be Locked, Orchestrator will not be able to uninstall the Orchestrator agent.
In this case, wait until Orchestrator stops processing the items, power off plan testing in the locked DataLabs, reset the locked orchestration plans — and then try uninstalling the Orchestrator agent again.
- If none if the items are Locked, click Continue to confirm the operation.
As soon as you uninstall the Orchestrator agent from the Veeam Backup & Replication server, all its related orchestration plans will no longer be able to run, and all its related DataLabs will be removed from Orchestrator.
All template jobs and credentials collected from the server will also be excluded from Orchestrator components, and the Protect VM Group steps that use any of these jobs will be removed from orchestration plans as well.
- Complete the Uninstall Orchestrator Agent wizard:
- At the Uninstall Agent step, choose whether you want to uninstall the Orchestrator agent regardless of the Veeam Backup & Replication server state.
If Orchestrator is not able to access the server, the Orchestrator agent will be removed from the Orchestrator database but will keep running on the Veeam Backup & Replication server.
- At the Credentials step, specify credentials of a user account for connecting to the server. The user name must be specified in the DOMAIN\USERNAME format.
- At the Summary step, review the configured settings and click Finish.
If a Veeam Backup & Replication server is managed by the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, you will not be able to uninstall the Orchestrator agent running on the server using the Orchestrator UI. In this case, remove the Veeam Backup & Replication server from the Enterprise Manager infrastructure as described in the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager Guide. After you remove the server from the Enterprise Manager infrastructure, it will be automatically removed from the Orchestrator infrastructure as well.