Upgrading Veeam Recovery Orchestrator
Upgrade to Orchestrator version 7.0 is supported from Orchestrator version 6.0 only. Upgrade from Orchestrator versions 5.0, 4.0, 3.0 and 2.0 is not supported.
To learn how to manually migrate Orchestrator 1.0 deployment to version 2.0, see this Veeam KB article. To learn how to upgrade from Orchestrator 2.0 to Orchestrator 3.0, see the Veeam Availability Orchestrator 3.0 User Guide. To learn how to upgrade from Orchestrator 3.0 to Orchestrator 4.0, see the Veeam Availability Orchestrator 4.0 User Guide. To learn how to manually upgrade from Orchestrator 4.0 to Orchestrator 5.0, see the Veeam Disaster Recovery Orchestrator 5.0 User Guide. To learn how to manually upgrade from Orchestrator 5.0 to Orchestrator 6.0, see the Veeam Disaster Recovery Orchestrator 6.0 User Guide.
Check the following prerequisites before upgrading Orchestrator:
- Perform backup of all existing databases that are used to store data collected from Orchestrator, Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam ONE, and create a snapshot of the Orchestrator server — so that you can easily go back to the previous version in case of upgrade issues.
- Make sure there is enough space for upgrade of the Microsoft SQL Server configuration database. To calculate the required space, add at least 25% of free space to the size of the Microsoft SQL Server configuration database.
By default, the setup wizard installs Orchestrator with Microsoft SQL Server Express. Note that the maximum configuration database size for Microsoft SQL Server Express is 10 GB.
- Make sure there are no recovery plans being tested or executed (that is, no plans are in the IN-USE mode, HALTED state or any of the active states).
- Make sure there are no recovery plans scheduled to run during upgrade. Otherwise, disable the configured schedule as described in sections Scheduling Failover, Scheduling CDP Failover, Scheduling Restore, Scheduling Storage Failover and Scheduling Cloud Restore.
- Make sure all active Orchestrator UI sessions are closed.
To upgrade from Orchestrator 6.0 to Orchestrator 7.0, perform the following steps:
- Make sure the machine where Orchestrator will be installed meets the prerequisite conditions described in section System Requirements.
- Download the latest version of the product installation image from the Veeam downloads page. You can burn the downloaded image file to a CD/DVD or mount the installation image to the target machine using disk image emulation software.
- Launch the splash window.
- Start the setup wizard.
- Accept the license agreement.
- Review components to upgrade.
- Provide a license file.
- Perform system configuration check.
- Specify service account credentials.
- Review SQL server connection settings.
- Begin upgrade.
- Upgrade remote Veeam Backup & Replication servers to version 12.1.
- [Optional] Upgrade additional Veeam ONE Monitor Client instances to version 12.1.