Connecting Veeam Backup & Replication Servers
To be able to orchestrate a remote Veeam Backup & Replication server, you must deploy an Orchestrator agent on the server. The Orchestrator agent will trigger orchestration commands on that server.
If you have already connected servers during initial Orchestrator UI configuration, you do not need to connect them again. For more information, see After You Install.
To deploy an Orchestrator agent on a remote Veeam Backup & Replication server:
- Switch to the Administration page.
- Navigate to Orchestrator Agents.
- Click Install.
- Complete the Install Orchestrator Agent wizard:
- At the Settings step of the wizard, specify the following connection settings:
- Use the Server type options to specify whether the server is a Veeam Backup & Replication server or Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager server.
If you choose the Veeam Enterprise Manager option, Orchestrator agents will be deployed to all Veeam Backup & Replication servers managed by the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.
- Use the DNS name or IP field to enter a DNS name or an IP address of the server where you want to deploy the Orchestrator agent. The maximum length of the location name is 64 characters; the following characters are not supported: * : / \ ? " < > | .
- From the Credentials drop-down list, choose the necessary account for connecting to the server. For an account to be displayed in the Credentials list, it must be added to the configuration database as described in section Adding Credentials. If you have not set up an account beforehand, click Add and follow the steps of the Add Credentials wizard. For more information on the required account permissions, see Permissions.
The provided credentials will be also used to launch the Orchestrator agent on the server. The user name must be specified in the DOMAIN\USERNAME or USERNAME format.
If you want to connect an Enterprise Manager server, you must specify the credentials that were used when installing Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.
- At the Summary step of the wizard, review the connection details and click Finish.