To work with Orchestrator, you can use either a VDP Premium license or a VDP Advanced license that includes additional Orchestrator licenses. You cannot use Orchestrator a VDP Foundation license as it does not include a section for licensing Veeam ONE.
Veeam offers the following types of licenses for Orchestrator.
There are 3 types of paid licenses available for Orchestrator:
- Rental license is a full license intended for service providers.
The expiration date of the Rental license is set to the contract end date, which is the last day of the month and normally one month from the contract start date.
- Subscription license is a full license intended for enterprises.
The expiration date of the Subscription license is set to the end of the subscription term. The Subscription license term is normally 1–5 years from the license issue date.
- Perpetual license is a permanent license for enterprises.
The perpetual license does not have an expiration date and allows you to use product versions issued before the support expiration date.
There are 2 types of free licenses available for the Veeam Data Platform Premium edition:
- Evaluation license is a full license that can be used for product evaluation.
The trial license is valid for 30 days from the moment of the product download.
- NFR license is a full license that can be used for product demonstration, training and education.
This license is not for resell or commercial use.