To export and import product configuration, Veeam Agent for Oracle Solaris uses configuration files in the XML format. A configuration file contains three main blocks:
For a sample configuration file, see Example.
The VbrServers block contains Veeam backup server settings. The block has the following structure:
- Name — arbitrary name of your choice to label the backup server.
- login — user name of the account used to connect to the backup server.
- domain — to be used in a domain. If the backup server is not in domain then leave the value as is.
- password — password of the account used to connect to the backup server. During configuration export, Veeam Agent does not specify the password in this element. For configuration import, specify an actual password manually or leave the element empty. In the latter case Veeam Agent will prompt you to enter a password during configuration import.
- Endpoint — resolvable domain name or IP address of the backup server and port over which to connect to the backup server (the default value is 10006).
The Repositories block contains backup repository settings. The block contains information about backup repositories that use a local storage, remote storage or network shared folder as a target location for backups. The block has the following structure:
- Repository Name — backup repository name of your choice.
- Location — path to a mount point where Veeam Agent will create backups.
The Jobs block contains backup job settings. The block contains sub-blocks for each job configured in Veeam Agent for Oracle Solaris. The block has the following structure:
<Job Name="Machine Backup" creation_time="2020-04-28 20:00:00" RepoName="[VBRNAME] VbrRepoName" password="yourpassword" hint="passhint">
- Name — backup job name of your choice.
- creation_time — date and time when the job was created in the %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S format.
- RepoName — name of the backup repository used as a target location for backup files. The VBRNAME value must be the same as the value of the Name element in the VbrServer section. The VbrRepoName value must be the actual name of the repository managed by the backup server.
- password — password used for backup data encryption. Applicable to backup jobs targeted at backup repositories other than Veeam backup repository.
- hint — password hint. Can be used only with the password element.
The password and hint elements are optional and can be omitted.
The JobsOptions block contains backup job settings. The block has the following structure:
- Compression — data compression level. Possible values: none, Rle, Lz4, ZlibLow, ZlibHigh.
- BlockSize — data block size in kilobytes. Possible values: KbBlockSize256, KbBlockSize512, KbBlockSize1024, KbBlockSize4096.
- PrejobCommand — path to a pre-job script.
- PostjobCommand — path to a post-job script.
- MaxPoints — number of restore points to keep in the backup location.
- RetryCount — number of retries in case the job fails.
- RetryTimeOutMs — time to wait before retry in milliseconds.
- Schedule — defines whether schedule is enabled for the job.
The Schedule block contains backup schedule settings. The block has the following structure:
- IsEnabled — defines whether schedule is enabled for the backup job.
- Hours — hour when the backup job must start.
- Minutes — minute when the backup job must start.
- WeekMask — the block that specifies days of the week when the job must start.
The ActiveFullOptions block contains active full backup backup schedule settings. The block has the following structure:
<ActiveFullOptions Version="1" IsEnabled="true" WeekDayNumber="Every" DayOfMonth="0">
- IsEnabled — defines whether active full backup schedule is enabled for the backup job.
- DayOfMonth — defines active full backup schedule. Set to a number (1–31) to perform active full backup on a specific day of the month. In this case, all values in the WeekMask and MonthMask blocks should be set to true.
Alternatively, you can set the value of this element to 0 (zero). In this case, active full backup will be performed on true days from WeekMask block.
This block contains retention settings for old backups. These settings are applicable to backup jobs targeted at a Veeam backup repository. To learn more, see Creating Backup Jobs.
The entire block can be removed if not required.
The block has the following structure:
RetainDays — number of days to keep the backup created with the backup job in the target location.
The ObjectsForBackup block contains backup scope settings. The block contains Object sub-blocks for each object ()directory or file mask included in or excluded from backup.
The Object block has the following structure:
<Object ObjectType="Directory" RecordType="Include" Value="/var" />
- RecordType — defines whether to include or exclude an object.
- Value — path to an object.
This example displays configuration of Veeam Agent for Oracle Solaris with the following settings:
- Backup objects: /etc, /var
- Excluded objects: /etc/system.d
- Target repository: VbrRepoName
- Veeam Backup & Replication server name: VBRNAME
- Veeam Backup & Replication server IP address and port: 10.1.1.10:10006
- Schedule: every day at 22:15, active full backup on Sunday
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>