Before you start the installation process, check the following prerequisites:
- The machine on which you plan to install Veeam Agent for Oracle Solaris must meet the system requirements. To learn more, see System Requirements.
- To install and run Veeam Agent for Oracle Solaris, you must use the root account or any user account that has super user (root) privileges on the machine where you plan to install the product.
- Installation of Veeam Agent for IBM AIX requires RPM version 126.96.36.199 or later. This package manager is installed by default in IBM AIX 6.1 and later.
To check the version of the RPM tool, use the lslpp -l rpm.rte command. If the RPM fileset is at an earlier maintenance level, you can download an rpm.rte file that meets the requirements from this web page.
- Make sure that /opt, /var, /usr, /etc and other partitions have sufficient amount of free space to install the product. If required, use the chfs tool to increase the size of the partition.
- It is not recommended that you install the mlocate utility from the product installation media for Veeam Agent for IBM AIX 2.0 BETA.
- If you plan to enable file system indexing in the backup job settings, you must install the mlocate utility on the Veeam Agent machine. The utility is provided along with Veeam Agent in the product installation media. To learn more, see Installing Prerequisite Software.
- You can install and operate Veeam Agent for Oracle Solaris in the global zone or a non-global zone.