Before You Begin
Before you start the installation process, check the following prerequisites:
- The machine on which you plan to install Veeam Agent for Oracle Solaris must meet the system requirements. To learn more, see System Requirements.
- To install and run Veeam Agent for Oracle Solaris, you must use the root account or any user account that has super user (root) privileges on the machine where you plan to install the product.
- If you plan to enable file system indexing in backup job settings, you must have the following utilities installed on the Veeam Agent machine: tar, mlocate and gzip.
- The tar utility is automatically installed together with the product.
- The mlocate utility is provided along with the product in the product installation media. To learn more, see Installing Prerequisite Software.
- The gzip utility must be installed separately..
- You can install and operate Veeam Agent for Oracle Solaris in the global zone or a non-global zone.
- If you plan to create Veeam Recovery Media, you must have the xorriso tool installed on the Veeam Agent machine.