Step 2. Select Backup and Restore Point
At the Backup step of the wizard, select a backup and restore point from which you want to recover data.
The Backup step window has two panes:
- The Imported backups pane on the left displays available backups and information about each backup: host name of the machine whose data is stored in the backup file, backup job name and number of restore points.
- The Restore points pane on the right displays the list of restore points in the backup.
To select backup and restore point:
- In the Imported backups pane, select with [Up] and [Down] keys the backup from which you want to recover data and press [Enter].
In the list of backups, Veeam Agent displays backups that were created by backup jobs configured with Veeam Agent on your machine. If Veeam Agent is connected to a Veeam Backup & Replication server, backups created in the Veeam backup repository also appear in the list.
By default, Veeam Agent displays in the list only those backups in the Veeam backup repository that were created under your account. If you used an account to which the Veeam Backup Administrator role is assigned to connect to the Veeam backup server, you can also view all Veeam Agent backups that are stored in the Veeam backup repositories to which Veeam Agent is connected. To view such backups, click the Show all link at the bottom of the list.
If for some reason Veeam Agent fails to display backups stored in the Veeam backup repository, you can press the [R] key to rescan the backup repository. Veeam Agent will try to reconnect to the Veeam backup server and refresh the list of backups.
If you want to recover data from a backup that is stored in another location, for example, a backup created with another instance of Veeam Agent in a network shared folder, you can import such backup. Press the [I] key, browse to the directory in which the backup file resides and select the necessary backup file. The selected backup file will be added to the list of backups.
- In the Restore points pane, select with [Up] and [Down] keys the restore point from which you want to recover data and press [Enter].
If you selected an encrypted backup for data restore, Veeam Agent will prompt you to provide a password to unlock the encrypted file. To lean more, see Restoring Data from Encrypted Backups.
- Veeam Agent will mount the content of the backup file to the /mnt/backup directory in the machine's file system and display a notification window with the corresponding message. Press [Enter] to close the window and return to the Veeam Agent control panel.
When you finish working with restored files and directories, you can unmount the backup from the /mnt/backup directory. To learn more, see Stop Backup Mount Session.