Installing Prerequisite Software
The mlocate utility is required for file system indexing. If the utility is not pre-installed on the Veeam Agent machine, you must install it manually. The utility is provided along with Veeam Agent in the product installation media.
To install the mlocate utility:
- Obtain the Veeam Agent for Oracle Solaris installation archive.
- Extract the contents of the installation archive to a directory that can be accessed from the machine where you want to install the product. For example, this can be a directory in the local file system or an NFS directory.
- Navigate to the directory where you extracted the archive with the cd command, and then use the following command:
- For Oracle Solaris 10 and 11 on x86 architecture:
pkgadd -G -d ./mlocate-0.26-i386.pkg
- For Oracle Solaris 10 and 11 on SPARC architecture:
pkgadd -G -d ./mlocate-0.26-sparc.pkg