If you plan to enable file system indexing in the backup job settings, you must install the mlocate utility on the Veeam Agent machine. The utility is provided along with Veeam Agent in the product installation media.
To install the mlocate utility:
- Obtain the Veeam Agent for Oracle Solaris installation archive.
- Extract the contents of the installation archive to a directory that can be accessed from the machine where you want to install the product. For example, this can be a directory in the local file system or an NFS directory.
- Navigate to the directory where you extracted the archive with the cd command, and then use the following command:
- For Oracle Solaris 10 and 11 on x86 architecture:
pkgadd -G -d ./mlocate-0.26-i386.pkg
- For Oracle Solaris 10 and 11 on SPARC architecture:
pkgadd -G -d ./mlocate-0.26-sparc.pkg