To protect your machine from a disaster of any kind, you must perform the following operations in Veeam Agent for Oracle Solaris:
- Define what data you want to back up and configure the backup job.
Before you configure the backup job, you should decide on the following backup details:
- Backup destination: where you want to store your backed-up data.
- Backup scope: what directories and files you want to back up.
- Backup schedule: how often you want to back up your data.
After that, you can configure one or several backup jobs. The backup job captures the data that you have added to the backup scope and creates a chain of restore points in the target location. If your data gets lost or corrupted, you can restore it from the necessary restore point.
To learn more, see Performing Backup.
- Monitor backup task performance.
You can get information about backup and restore sessions status and view session logs. To learn more, see Reporting.
- In case of a disaster, you can restore data from a Veeam Agent backup. With Veeam Agent for Oracle Solaris, you can perform the following data recovery operations:
- Perform file-level restore.
- Export backup to a VHD virtual disk and attach this disk to a virtual machine to recover your data in virtual environment.
To learn more, see Performing Restore.