To be able to orchestrate a standalone Veeam Backup & Replication server, you must deploy the VAO agent on the server. The VAO agent will trigger orchestration commands on the backup server.
To deploy the VAO agent to a standalone Veeam Backup & Replication server:
- Log in to the VAO UI in the DR or Production site as a Site Administrator. For details, see Accessing VAO UI.
In both the DR and Production sites, only Site Administrators are allowed to add and remove VAO agents on Veeam Backup & Replication servers.
- [For VAO UI in the DR site] Switch to the Configuration tab and navigate to VAO Agents.
[For VAO UI in a Production site] Navigate to VAO Agents.
- Click Install.
- Complete the Install VAO Agent wizard.
- At the Site step, in the Available Sites list, select a VAO site to which you want to connect the Veeam Backup & Replication server.
- At the Choose Veeam Server step, in the Server field, enter DNS name or IP address of the server where you wish to deploy the VAO agent.
Use the Server is option to specify whether the server is a Veeam Backup & Replication server or Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager server.
If you choose the Veeam Enterprise Manager Server option, VAO agents will be deployed to all Veeam Backup & Replication servers managed by the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.
- At the Synchronize Credentials step, choose whether you want to retrieve credentials from the connected Veeam Backup & Replication server. You will be able to use these credentials later when configuring failover plan steps.
- At the Remote Access Credentials step, in the User and Password fields, specify credentials of the user account for connecting to the server. The user name should be specified in the DOMAIN\USERNAME format.
The provided credentials will be also used to launch the Veeam Orchestrator Agent on the server. If you do not want to use these credentials, clear the Use same account to run the Veeam Orchestrator Agent Service check box.
- [This step applies only if you have cleared the Use same account to run the Veeam Orchestrator Agent Service check box at the Remote Access Credentials step of the wizard]
At the Service Credentials step, specify credentials of the user account for running the Veeam Orchestrator Agent Service on the server. The user name should be specified in the DOMAIN\USERNAME format.
- At the Summary step, review the connection details and click Finish.