VAO allows you to pass runtime variables into the script.
In our example, the folderName custom parameter has been added recently, and it is required to specify a default value for it. Set a custom variable as the default value as follows:
- Log in to the VAO UI as a VAO Administrator. For details, see Accessing VAO UI.
- Switch to the Administration tab.
- Navigate to Plan Steps.
- In the Steps column, select the script step.
- In the Step Parameters column, select the parameter.
- In the Parameter Details column, click the Edit button next to the Default Value field.
- In the Edit Parameter Value window, in the list of available variables, double-click the value you are willing to assign to the parameter, and click Save.
- To save changes made to the parameter settings, click Save.
For more information on parameter variables that you can pass into a script, see Appendix. VAO Plan Steps.