You may schedule a time for a failover plan to execute. Only the failover process can be scheduled — all other operations (failback, undo failover and so on) must be performed manually in the VAO UI.
Even if you create a schedule for a failover plan, the plan will not run unless it is ENABLED at the scheduled time.
To schedule a failover plan:
- Select the plan.
- From the Launch menu, select Schedule Failover.
- Complete the Schedule Plan wizard.
- For security purposes, at the Enter Credentials step, re-type Site Administrator or Failover Plan Author password.
- At the Options step, select the Enable Scheduled Failover for this Plan check box, and choose whether you want to run the plan on schedule or after any other plan.
If you want to run the plan at specific time, select the Schedule Failover on option and choose the date and time.
If you want to run the plan after another plan, choose the Schedule Failover after option and select the preceding plan.
- At the Summary step, review configuration information and click Finish.