The Plan Readiness Check Report allows you to confirm that the plan configuration matches the DR environment, and therefore the plan should run successfully.
The readiness check will work through every plan step to perform specific checks against each item included in the plan. It allows you to ensure the following:
- Replica VMs are detected and prepared for failover
- vCenter Server and Veeam Backup & Replication server are online and available
- Required credentials are provided
- Required step parameters are configured
The readiness check is almost zero-impact and completes very quickly. It can therefore be run very frequently. For example, it is recommended that you run the readiness check in the following cases:
- After you edit a plan, run a readiness check to confirm that the changes are valid.
- After you test a plan in a virtual lab, run a readiness check to confirm that replicas were shut down successfully and are ready for failover.
By default, the readiness check will run automatically for each failover plan at 8:00 AM daily. To run the check manually:
- Navigate to Failover Plans.
- Select the plan.
- From the Verify menu, select Run Readiness Check.
- In the Run Readiness Check window, click OK.
As soon as the readiness check is complete, the State and Readiness Check columns will display the check result.
To view details of the readiness check:
- On the Failover Plans page, select the plan.
- From the View Reports menu, choose Readiness Check.
- The Reports page will be displayed. The Show Readiness Check option will be automatically enabled to list all available Plan Readiness Check Reports.
Click the check name to download and open the check report.
The Plan Readiness Check Report will display plan overview and VM groups included in the plan, as well as check results for every replica and plan step.
To include less details in the report output, you can specify more granular report settings as described in section Configuring Report Options.
Summary information on readiness check results over all VAO sites will be also available on the VAO Dashboards.