Readiness Check is a very low-impact and fast method to confirm that configuration of an orchestration plan matches the DR environment, and therefore the plan should run successfully.
The readiness check will work through every plan step to perform specific checks against each item included in a plan. It allows you to ensure the following:
- Replica VMs are detected and prepared for failover
- Backups are detected and prepared for restore
- vCenter Server and Veeam Backup & Replication server are online and available
- Required credentials are provided
- Required step parameters are configured
The readiness check is almost zero-impact and completes very quickly. It can therefore be run very frequently. For example, it is recommended that you run the readiness check in the following cases:
- After you create a plan, run a readiness check to verify whether the plan will be able to run successfully.
- After you edit a plan, run a readiness check to confirm that the changes are valid.
- After you test a plan in a DataLab, run a readiness check to confirm that replicas were shut down successfully and are ready for failover.
- After you make some changes to the virtual infrastructure, run a readiness check to confirm that a recovery location used for a restore plan still has available resources to complete the recovery process.
By default, the readiness check will run automatically for each failover and restore plan at 8:00 AM daily. To run the check manually for an orchestration plan:
- Log in to the VAO UI as a VAO Administrator or Plan Author. For details, see Accessing VAO UI.
- Navigate to Orchestration Plans.
- Select the plan.
- From the Verify menu, select Run Readiness Check.
Right-click the plan and select Run Readiness Check from the drop-down menu.
- In the Run Readiness Check window, click OK.
As soon as the readiness check is complete, the State and Readiness Check columns will display the check result. The state information (Verified or Not Verified) is a rollup of the Readiness Check and DataLab test results.
To view details of the readiness check for an orchestration plan:
- On the Orchestration Plans page, select the plan.
- From the Reports menu, select Readiness Check.
The Reports page will be displayed. The Show Readiness Check reports option will be automatically enabled to list all available Readiness Check Reports for the plan.
- Click the plan name to download and open the Readiness Check Report.
The Readiness Check Report will use the custom template created earlier. After the template pages, the results of all readiness checks will be appended. The report will display a plan overview, summary of VM groups included in the plan, with drill-down hyperlinks to specific VMs and color-coded results of checking every plan step.
To include less details in the report output, you can specify more granular report settings as described in section Configuring Report Options.
Summary information on readiness check results over all scopes will be also available on the VAO Dashboard.