By design, you cannot customize the default template itself. To generate a failover plan report based on a modified template, you must create a clone of the out-of-box template, edit the template, and then select it as the Report Template for the plan.
- Log in to the VAO UI in the DR site as a Site Administrator or Failover Plan Author. For details, see Accessing VAO UI.
- Navigate to Report Templates.
- In the Templates column, select the default template and click Clone. This will create a copy of the template.
- In the Clone Template window, enter a name and description for the new template, and click Clone.
The name and description cannot be edited after the clone is created.
- Select the new template and click Edit. This will launch the Microsoft Word integration.
If you are prompted for a password, specify the credentials that you used to access the VAO UI.
To allow the Microsoft Word integration, Microsoft Word component of SP2 for Microsoft Office 2010 or later must be installed on the machine where the VAO UI runs.
- Customize the default template as required, and save the document. All changes will be automatically uploaded to the VAO UI.
- Navigate to Failover Plans.
- Select the modified template as a Report Template for the plan. To do that, follow the instructions provided in section Creating Failover Plans.