To start failback for a plan in the FAILOVER state:
- Log in to the VAO UI as a VAO Administrator or Plan Operator. For more information, see Accessing VAO UI.
- Navigate to Orchestration Plans.
- Select the plan. From the Launch menu, select Continue.
Click the plan name to switch to the Plan Details page, and click Continue.
- Complete the Run Plan wizard:
- For security purposes, at the Enter Credentials step, retype the VAO Administrator or Plan Operator password.
- At the Progress Plan step, select the Failback option.
- At the VM Recovery Location step, select a location to which VM groups included in the plan will be recovered.
For a recovery location to be displayed in the Available Recovery Locations list, it must be created and included into the list of plan components available for the scope, as described in section Managing Recovery Locations.
VAO will perform failback taking into account all settings configured for the location — except Instant VM Recovery and backup copy preference. By design, those 2 settings are always disabled during failback operations, both for the Original VM Location and for custom recovery locations.
If you want the recovered VMs to have the same tags as the source VMs, select the Restore VM Tags check box.
If you want to fail back to a new recovery location and the selected location includes multiple hosts, datastores and networks, VAO will use the round-robin algorithm to recover VMs added to the plan. For more information, see How VAO Processes Resources.
- At the Summary step, review configuration information and click Finish.