If you want to create a custom script and execute it when running a failover plan, you must take into account considerations described in this section.
After you create the script, you can upload it and customize parameters required for script execution. For more information, see Creating Custom Script Step in VAO, Configuring Common Parameters and Adding Custom Parameters.
The following prerequisites must be met for custom scripts.
- The script you are willing to use must be a PowerShell script. VAO 1.0 supports PowerShell scripts only.
- To allow the script to run inside a VM guest OS, it is required that Microsoft PowerShell 3.0 and .Net Framework 4.0 must be installed on each VM for which you enable the custom script step.
To allow the script to run on the Veeam Backup & Replication server, no additional software is required.
In This Section
- Script Example
- Creating Custom Script Step in VAO
- Configuring Common Parameters
- Configuring Windows Credentials Parameter in VAO UI
- Adding Credentials Parameter to Your Script
- Adding Custom Parameters
- Using Runtime Parameter Variables
- Capturing Script Errors and Warnings
- Adding Custom Script Step to Failover Plan