Managing VM Groups
In this article
You may need to add new VM groups or remove some groups from an orchestration plan:
- Log in to the VAO UI as a VAO Administrator or Plan Author. For more information, see Accessing VAO UI.
- Navigate to Orchestration Plans.
- Select the plan and click Manage > Edit.
- On the Edit Plan page:
- To remove a VM group, in the Plan Groups column, select the group and click Delete.
- To add a VM group, in the Plan Groups column, click Add.
Complete the Add VM Group wizard:
- To configure VM recovery options and to choose default steps that will be performed for all VMs in the group, follow the instructions provided in section Creating Regular Replica Plans (steps 5–6), Creating CDP Replica Plans (steps 5–6), Creating Restore Plans (steps 6–7) or Creating Storage Plans (steps 5–6).
- [This step applies only to regular replica and restore plans] To select a template job that will be used to protect VMs included in the plan, follow the instructions provided in section Creating Regular Replica Plans (step 7) or Creating Restore Plans (step 8).
- At the Summary step of the wizard, review configuration information and click Finish.
- To save changes made to the plan settings, click Save.