To collect data about VMware vSphere infrastructure objects, you must configure connections to VMware vSphere servers. Only connections to vCenter Servers are supported.
To configure a connection to a VMware vSphere server:
- Log in to the VAO UI in the DR or Production site as a Site Administrator. For details, see Accessing VAO UI.
In both the DR and Production sites, only Site Administrators are allowed to add and remove vCenter Server connections.
- [For VAO UI in the DR site] Switch to the Configuration tab and navigate to VMware Servers.
[For VAO UI in a Production site] Navigate to VMware Servers.
- Click Add.
- Complete the Add VMware Server wizard.
- At the Site step, in the Available Sites list, select a VAO site to which you want to connect the VMware vSphere server.
- At the Server Settings step, in the Server field, enter DNS name or IP address of the VMware vSphere server that will be connected to the VAO server.
In the User and Password fields, specify credentials of the user account for connecting to the server.
If required, you can change the port number used for communication with the server.
- Click Finish.