Configuring Virtual Machines
The order in which VMs in an orchestration plan are processed depends on the VM Recovery Options configured while creating the plan:
- If the Recover the VMs in each Group > In sequence option is selected for a VM group, VMs in the group will be processed in the order they appear in the Virtual Machines list.
- If the Recover the VMs in each Group > Simultaneously option is selected for a VM group, a limited number of VMs in the group will be processed at the same time.
If you select this option, you will also have to configure the maximum number of VMs processed simultaneously. For more information, see Creating Regular Replica Plans (step 5), Creating CDP Replica Plans (step 5), Creating Restore Plans (step 6) or Creating Storage Plans (step 5).
- If new VMs are added to a VM group, the entire VM list will be resorted and then processed in the alphabetical order.
If some VMs are dependent on other VMs, ensure the required VMs are started first. To define the recovery order for VMs included in a VM group:
- Log in to the VAO UI as a VAO Administrator or Plan Author. For more information, see Accessing VAO UI.
- Navigate to Orchestration Plans.
- Select the plan and click Manage > Edit.
- On the Edit Plan page:
- In the Plan Groups column, select a VM group.
- To move VMs included in the group up or down the list, use the Up and Down arrows in the Virtual Machines column.
- To save changes made to the plan settings, click Save.