Connecting Storage Systems
It is a requirement that you must connect the following NetApp storage systems to VAO:
- An active storage virtual machine that will be the source of the SVM disaster recovery relationship.
- An active storage virtual machine that will be the destination of the SVM disaster recovery relationship.
To connect a storage system to VAO:
- Log in to the VAO UI as a VAO Administrator. For more information, see Accessing VAO UI.
Only Administrators are allowed to add and remove connections to storage systems.
- Switch to the Administration tab.
- Navigate to Storage Systems.
- Click Add.
- Complete the Add Storage System wizard:
- At the Name step, use the Name and Description fields to enter a DNS name or an IP address of the storage system that will be connected to the VAO server, and to provide a description for future reference.
The maximum length of the location name is 64 characters; the following characters are not supported: * : / \ ? " < > |
- At the Credentials step, in the User and Password fields, specify credentials of a user account for connecting to the storage system. For more information on the required account permissions, see Required Permissions.
If required, you can change the port number used for communication with the system.
- At the Summary step, review the connection details and click Finish.
After you connect a storage system to VAO, you must include the system in a storage recovery location (either new or already existing) so that VAO can use this storage system when executing and testing storage plans. To learn how to include target storage systems in storage recovery locations, see Adding Storage Recovery Locations.