Configuring Veeam Backup for Google Cloud
To start working with Veeam Backup for Google Cloud, perform a number of steps for its configuration:
- Add service accounts to authorize requests to Google Cloud APIs.
- Add projects and folders to get access to Google Cloud resources that you want to protect.
- [Optional] Add users to control access to Veeam Backup for Google Cloud.
- Add backup repositories.
- Create worker configurations.
- [Optional] Configure global retention, email notification and Google authentication settings.
Even after you add projects that manage your Google Cloud resources and configure all the necessary settings, Veeam Backup for Google Cloud will populate neither the list of VM instances nor the list of Cloud SQL instances on the Resources tab — unless you create backup policies and specify regions where the instances belong, as described in sections Performing VM Backup and Performing SQL Backup.