Enabling Multi-Factor Authentication
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) in Veeam Backup for Google Cloud is based on the Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) method that requires the user to verify their identity by providing a temporary six-digit code generated by an authentication application running on a trusted device.
To enable MFA for a user account, do the following:
- Switch to the Configuration page.
- Navigate to Permissions > Portal Users.
- Select the account and click MFA > Enable.
- Follow the instructions provided in the Enabling MFA window:
- Install a supported authentication application on a trusted device. To view the list of authentication applications supported by Veeam Backup for Google Cloud, click See the full list of compatible apps.
Only Google Authenticator is fully supported by Veeam Backup for Google Cloud.
- Scan the displayed QR code using the camera of the trusted device.
- Enter a verification code generated by the authentication application.
- Click Apply.