Step 2. Select Databases
At the Databases step of the wizard, click Add to select databases to restore, and then choose a restore point that will be used to restore the selected databases. By default, Veeam Backup for Google Cloud uses the most recent valid restore point. However, you can restore the backed-up data to an earlier state.
To select a restore point, do the following:
- Select a database.
- Click Choose Restore Point.
- In the Select restore point window, select the necessary restore point and click Apply.
To help you choose a restore point, Veeam Backup for Google Cloud provides the following information on each available restore point:
- Creation Time — the date when the restore point was created.
- Size — the size of the restore point.
- Destination — the type of the restore point:
- Snapshot — a cloud-native snapshot created by a backup policy.
- Backup — an image-level backup created by a backup policy.
- Storage Class — the storage class of the backup repository where the restore point is stored.
- Region — a region in which the protected Cloud SQL instance resides.
- Policy — a backup policy that created the restore point.
- Retention — a retention configured for the backup policy that created the restore point.