Performing Instance Restore
In case a disaster strikes, you can restore an entire Cloud SQL instance from a cloud-native snapshot or image-level backup. Veeam Backup for Google Cloud allows you to restore one or more Cloud SQL instances at a time, to the original location or to a new location.
How to Perform SQL Restore
To restore a protected Cloud SQL instance, do the following:
- Launch the Cloud SQL Instance Restore wizard.
- Select a restore point.
- Choose a restore mode.
- Select a project.
- Select a region and an availability zone.
- Specify a new name and machine type for the instance.
- Configure network settings.
- Configure security settings.
- Enable flag assignment.
- Specify a restore reason.
- Finish working with the wizard.
Before you start Cloud SQL instance restore, make sure that network settings are configured for each region where worker instances will be deployed during the restore process. For information on how to configure network settings, see Adding Worker Configurations.