Step 12. Specify Backup Schedule
At the Schedule step of the wizard, specify the schedule according to which you want to perform backup.
To specify the job schedule:
- Select the Run the job automatically check box. If this check box is not selected, you will have to start the backup job manually to create backup.
- Define scheduling settings for the job:
- To run the job at specific time daily, on defined week days or with specific periodicity, select Daily at this time. Use the fields on the right to configure the necessary schedule.
- To run the job once a month on specific days, select Monthly at this time. Use the fields on the right to configure the necessary schedule.
- To run the job repeatedly throughout a day with a specific time interval, select Periodically every. In the field on the right, select the necessary time unit: Hours or Minutes. Click Schedule and use the time table to define the permitted time window for the job. In the Start time within an hour field, specify the exact time when the job must start.
A repeatedly run job is started by the following rules:
- The defined interval always starts at 12:00 AM. For example, if you configure to run a job with a 4-hour interval, the job will start at 12:00 AM, 4:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 4:00 PM and so on.
- If you define permitted hours for the job, after the denied interval is over, the job will start immediately and then run by the defined schedule.
For example, you have configured a job to run with a 2-hour interval and defined permitted hours from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. According to the rules above, the job will first run at 9:00 AM, when the denied period is over. After that, the job will run at 10:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM.
To run the job continuously, select the Periodically every option and choose Continuously from the list on the right. A new backup job session will start as soon as the previous backup job session finishes.
- In the Automatic retry section, define whether Veeam Agent must attempt to run the backup job again if the job fails for some reason. Enter the number of attempts to run the job and define time intervals between them. If you select continuous backup, Veeam Agent for Mac will retry the job for the defined number of times without any time intervals between the job runs.