Before You Begin
Before you publish disks, check the following requirements and limitations:
- The necessary ports must be opened on the target server. For more information, see Ports.
- The target server must support the file system of the disk that you plan to publish.
- macOS and Unix servers are not supported as target servers.
- If data deduplication is enabled for some disks in a backup, data deduplication must be enabled on the target server.
- [For Microsoft Windows-based Veeam Agent computers] The target Microsoft Windows server must support the same ReFS version or later than the version used on the Veeam Agent computer from which you plan to publish disks. For more information on which OSes support which ReFS, see the ReFS versions and compatibility matrix.
- [For Linux-based, Unix-based and macOS-based Veeam Agent computers] The 32-bit version of a Linux server is not supported as the target server.
- [For Linux-based, Unix-based and macOS-based Veeam Agent computers] You cannot publish disks from backups stored in the Veeam Cloud Connect repository.
For the full list of limitations, see the Considerations and Limitations section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.