To back up data of your protected computers, you must configure a Veeam Agent backup job in Veeam Backup & Replication. The Veeam Agent backup job defines what data to back up, how, where and when to back up data. One Veeam Agent backup job can be used to process one or more protected computers.
In Veeam Backup & Replication, you can create Veeam Agent backup jobs of the following types:
- The backup job that runs on the backup server in the similar way as a regular job for VM data backup. The backup job is intended for protected computers that have permanent connection to the backup server. To learn more, see Backup Job.
- The backup policy that describes configuration of individual Veeam Agent backup jobs that run on protected computers. Veeam Backup & Replication uses the backup policy as a saved template and applies settings from the backup policy to Veeam Agents that run on computers added to the backup policy. The backup policy is intended for protected computers that may have limited connection to the backup server. To learn more, see Backup Policy.
Veeam Backup & Replication lets you create backup jobs and policies for the following types of protected computers:
- Microsoft Windows computers — computers protected with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows
- Linux computers — computers protected with Veeam Agent for Linux
To learn more, see Veeam Agent Backup Jobs and Policies.
One protected computer may be processed with one or more Veeam Agent backup jobs. To learn more, see Processing One Computer with Multiple Jobs and Policies.
- Creating Agent Backup Job for Windows Computers
- Creating Agent Backup Job for Linux Computers
- Creating Veeam Agent Backup Policy