The Exclusions step of the wizard is available if you have chosen to define a protection scope that includes Microsoft Active Directory objects.
At this step of the wizard, you can specify which objects you want to exclude from the protection group. You can exclude the following types of objects:
- All virtual machines — all VMs residing in the domain. You can select this option, for example, if you do not want to protect VMs with Veeam Agents and want to back up VM data with Veeam Backup & Replication instead.
- All computers that have been offline for over 30 days — all computers in the domain that have not logged on to Active Directory for more than 30 days.
- Individual Active Directory objects — specific Active Directory objects: computers, clusters, groups, organization units and/or containers. With this option selected, you must specify Active Directory objects that you want to exclude from the protection group.
To exclude Active Directory objects:
- In the Exclude section, select the The following objects check box.
- Click Add.
- In the Add Objects window, select the necessary Active Directory object in the tree and click OK. You can press and hold [CTRL] to select multiple objects at once.
To quickly find the necessary object, you can use the search field at the bottom of the Add Objects window.
- Click the button to the left of the search field and select the necessary type of object to search for: Everything, Computer, Cluster, Group, Organization Unit or Container.
- Enter the object name or a part of it in the search field.
- Click the Start search button on the right or press [ENTER].