Before you create a Veeam Agent backup job in the Veeam Backup & Replication console, check the following prerequisites:
- The Veeam Backup & Replication license must have a sufficient number of instances to process servers and/or workstations that you plan to add to the Veeam Agent backup job.
- The target location where you plan to store backup files must have enough free space.
- Protection groups that you want to add to the job must be configured in advance.
Veeam Agent backup jobs have the following limitations:
- [For Veeam Agent backup job managed by backup server] You can create Veeam Agent backups on a Veeam backup repository only. Other types of target locations are not supported.
- [For Veeam Agent backup job managed by Veeam Agent] You cannot save the backup of entire computer on the local computer disk. Use an external hard drive or USB drive, network shared folder or backup repository as a target location.
- After you start managing a Veeam Agent computer with Veeam Backup & Replication, data backup for this computer is performed by a backup job configured in Veeam Backup & Replication. Veeam Agent running on the computer starts a new backup chain on a target location specified in the backup job settings. You cannot continue the existing backup chain that was created by Veeam Agent operating in the standalone mode.
- You cannot map a Veeam Agent backup job configured in Veeam Backup & Replication to a Veeam Agent backup chain created by a standalone Veeam Agent on a backup repository.
- You cannot use a Veeam Cloud Connect repository as a target for a Veeam Agent backup job configured in Veeam Backup & Replication.