Before You Begin
Before you create a Veeam Agent backup job in the Veeam Backup & Replication console, check the following prerequisites:
- The Veeam Backup & Replication license must have a sufficient number of instances to process servers and/or workstations that you plan to add to the Veeam Agent backup job.
- The target location where you plan to store backup files must have enough free space.
- Protection groups that you want to add to the job must be configured in advance.
- [For backup jobs targeted at the cloud repository] The Veeam Cloud Connect service provider must be added in the Veeam backup console.
Veeam Agent backup jobs have the following limitations:
- For Veeam Agent backup job managed by backup server, you can create Veeam Agent backups on a Veeam backup repository and Veeam Cloud Connect repository. If you want to save backups in other target locations, you must configure a Veeam Agent backup job managed by Veeam Agent (backup policy). To learn more, see Veeam Agent Backup Jobs and Policies.
- [For Veeam Agent backup job managed by Veeam Agent] You cannot save the backup of entire computer on the local computer disk. Use an external hard drive or USB drive, network shared folder or backup repository as a target location.
- After you start managing a Veeam Agent computer with Veeam Backup & Replication, data backup for this computer is performed by a backup job configured in Veeam Backup & Replication. Veeam Agent running on the computer starts a new backup chain on a target location specified in the backup job settings. You cannot continue the existing backup chain that was created by Veeam Agent operating in the standalone mode.
- You cannot map a Veeam Agent backup job configured in Veeam Backup & Replication to a Veeam Agent backup chain created by a standalone Veeam Agent on a backup repository.
- Veeam Agent does not support creating transaction log backups in the cloud repository. You cannot enable transaction log backup options in the properties of the backup job targeted at the cloud repository.