You must add computers that you plan to protect with Veeam Agents to the inventory in the Veeam Backup & Replication console. In Veeam Backup & Replication, protected computers are organized into protection groups. You can create one or more protection groups that contain computers of different types or offer different discovery and deployment options.
If you do not want to create protection groups, for example, if you plan to manage only a small number of computers in your infrastructure, you can add the necessary computers directly to a Veeam Agent backup job. Veeam Backup & Replication will automatically add such computers to the Manually Added protection group. To learn more, see Adding Computers to Backup Job and Protection Groups.
Before creating protection groups, check prerequisites. Then use the New Protection Group wizard to configure a protection group.
- Launch the New Protection Group wizard.
- Specify protection group name and description.
- Select protection group type.
- Specify protection scope for the protection group.
- Exclude objects from the protection group.
- Specify credentials.
- Specify discovery and deployment options.
- Review components.
- Assess results.
- Finish working with the wizard.