Before You Begin
Before you create a Veeam Agent backup policy in the Veeam Backup & Replication console, check the following prerequisites:
- The Veeam Backup & Replication license must have a sufficient number of instances to process servers and/or workstations that you plan to add to the Veeam Agent backup policy.
- The target location where you plan to store backup files must have enough free space.
- Protection groups that you want to add to the policy must be configured in advance.
- Protection groups that you want to add to the job must be of the Computer with pre-installed agents type. To learn more, see Protection Group Types.
- [For backup jobs targeted at the cloud repository] The Veeam Cloud Connect service provider must be added in the Veeam backup console.
Veeam Agent backup policies have the following limitations:
- After you start managing a Veeam Agent computer with Veeam Backup & Replication, data backup for this computer is performed by a backup job configured in Veeam Backup & Replication. Veeam Agent running on the computer starts a new backup chain on a target location specified in the backup policy settings. You cannot continue the existing backup chain that was created by Veeam Agent operating in the standalone mode.
- You cannot map a Veeam Agent backup policy configured in Veeam Backup & Replication to a Veeam Agent backup chain created by a standalone Veeam Agent on a backup repository.