Deploying Veeam Agents Using Generated Setup Files
When you configure the Veeam Agent management infrastructure in Veeam Backup & Replication, you can create protection groups of the computers with pre-installed agents type. If you selected this protection group type, you must deploy Veeam Agents on the computers that you plan to protect.
Before You Begin
Consider the following before you start Veeam Agent deployment:
- The deployment operation must take place on the Veeam Agent computer side.
- You must use only those Veeam Agent setup files that are generated by Veeam Backup & Replication after the protection group for pre-installed Veeam Agents is created. To learn more, see Specifying Packages.
- If any other version of Veeam Agent is already installed on the computer you plan to protect, you must uninstall it first.
- If you uninstall Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows added to the protection group of the computers with pre-installed agents type and then re-install it on the same computer, Veeam Agent will not connect to the Veeam backup server automatically. To connect Veeam Agent, you must repeat the configuration step of the Veeam Agent deployment scenario.
- If you migrate from one Veeam backup server to another, you must update Veeam backup server settings on each computer in the protection group for pre-installed Veeam Agents. To do this:
- Edit the protection group settings and regenerate setup files. To learn more, see Specifying Packages.
- Repeat the configuration step of the Veeam Agent deployment scenario using the regenerated configuration file.
Deploying Veeam Agents
Deployment scenario depends on the Veeam Agent you work with: