The Credentials step of the wizard is available if you have chosen to define a protection scope that includes Microsoft Active Directory objects or computers specified in a CSV file.
At this step of the wizard, specify credentials to connect to computers included in the protection group:
- If you want to use the same credentials for all computers in the protection group, select the necessary user account from the Master account list. The account must have administrative permissions on all computers that you have added to the protection group.
If you have not set up credentials beforehand, click the Manage accounts link or click Add on the right to add credentials. For more information, see the Credentials Manager section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide at: https://www.veeam.com/documentation-guides-datasheets.html.
- By default, Veeam Backup & Replication uses credentials specified in the Master account field for all computers in the protection group. If some computer requires a different user account, do the following:
- Select the Use custom credentials for the following objects check box,
- Click Add next to the list of objects and select the necessary object in the Add Objects window:
- If you configure a protection group that includes Active Directory objects, objects that you have added to the protection group at the Active Directory step or the wizard are already displayed in the Use custom credentials for the following objects list. In the Add Objects window, you can also select child objects for which you want to specify custom credentials. For example, you may want to specify separate credentials for different organization units, containers, groups or individual computers within the entire domain added to the protection group.
- If you configure a protection group that includes computers specified in a CSV file, you can select in the Add Objects window one or more computers listed in a CSV file and add them to the Use custom credentials for the following objects list.
- In the Use custom credentials for the following objects list, select the necessary object, click Edit and select custom credentials for the object. Credentials must be specified in the following format:
- For Active Directory accounts — DOMAIN\Username
- For local accounts — Username or HOST\Username
If you configure a protection group that includes dynamic Active Directory objects, such as domain, organization unit, container or group, the master account or custom account specified for specific objects must be a member of the DOMAIN\Administrators group.
To check if Veeam Backup & Replication can connect to computers added to the protection group, click Test Now. Veeam Backup & Replication will form a list of computers to connect and use the specified credentials to connect to computers in the list.