Step 4. Select Computers to Back Up
At the Computers step of the wizard, select protection groups and/or individual computers that you want to back up.
You can add to the Veeam Agent backup job one or more protection groups and/or individual computers added to inventory in the Veeam Backup & Replication console. You can also add to the job computers that are not added to inventory yet. Veeam Backup & Replication will add such computers to the job and also add them to the Manually Added protection group.
Jobs with protection groups are dynamic in their nature. If Veeam Backup & Replication discovers a new computer in a protection group after the Veeam Agent backup job is created, Veeam Backup & Replication will automatically update the job settings to include the added computer.
Adding Protection Groups and Computers from Inventory
To add protection groups and/or individual computers to the Veeam Agent backup job:
- Click Add > Protection group.
- In the Select Objects window, select one or more protection groups and/or computers in the list and click OK. You can press and hold [CTRL] to select multiple objects at once.
To quickly find the necessary object, use the search field at the bottom of the Select Objects window.
- Enter the object name or a part of it in the search field.
- Click the Start search button on the right or press [ENTER].
Adding New Computers
To add to the Veeam Agent backup job new computers that do not exist in the inventory:
- Click Add > Individual computer.
- In the Add Computer window, in the Host name or IP address field, enter a full DNS name or IP address of the computer that you want to add to the job.
- From the Credentials list, select a user account that has administrative permissions on the computer that you want to add to the job. If you have not set up credentials beforehand, click the Manage accounts link or click Add on the right to add credentials. For more information, see the Credentials Manager section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.