To specify storage settings for the backup job:
- Click Advanced at one of the following steps of the wizard:
- Local Storage — if you have selected to save backup files on a local storage of a Veeam Agent computer.
- Shared Folder — if you have selected to save backup files in a network shared folder.
- Storage — if you have selected to save backup files in a Veeam backup repository.
- Click the Storage tab.
- From the Compression level list, select a compression level for the backup: None, Dedupe-friendly, Optimal, High or Extreme.
- In the Storage optimization section, select what type of backup target you plan to use: Local target (16 TB + backup files), Local target, LAN target or WAN target. Depending on the chosen storage type, Veeam Agent for Linux will use data blocks of different size to optimize the size of backup files and job performance.
- To encrypt the content of backup files, select the Enable backup file encryption check box. In the Password field, select a password that you want to use for encryption. If you have not created the password beforehand, click Add or use the Manage passwords link to specify a new password. For more information, see the Password Manager section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
If the backup server is not connected to Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, you will not be able to restore data from encrypted backups in case you lose the password. Veeam Backup & Replication will display a warning about it. For more information, see the Decrypting Data Without Password section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
Consider the following:
To learn more about data encryption in Veeam Backup & Replication, see the Data Encryption section in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.