You can specify script settings for the job if you have selected the Managed by backup server mode at the Job Mode step of the wizard.
To specify script settings for the backup job:
- Click Advanced at one of the following steps of the wizard:
- Local Storage — if you have selected to save backup files on a local storage of a Veeam Agent computer.
- Shared Folder — if you have selected to save backup files in a network shared folder.
- Storage — if you have selected to save backup files in a Veeam backup repository.
- Click the Scripts tab.
- If you want to execute custom scripts before and/or after the backup job, select the Before the job and After the job check boxes and click Browse to choose executable file(s) from a local folder on the backup server. The scripts are executed on the backup server.
You can select to execute pre- and post-backup actions after a number of backup sessions or on specific week days.
- If you select the Run scripts every <N> backup session option, specify the number of the backup job sessions after which the script(s) must be executed.
- If you select the Run scripts on the selected days only option, click Days and specify week days on which the script(s) must be executed.
Custom scripts that you define in the advanced job settings relate to the backup job itself, not the OS quiescence process on protected computers. To add pre-freeze and post-thaw scripts for Veeam Agent computer OS quiescence, use the Guest Processing step of the wizard.