The Backup Cache step of the wizard is available if you selected the following options at the previous steps of the wizard:
- Selected the Managed by agent mode at the Job Mode step of the wizard.
- Selected the Veeam backup repository or Veeam Cloud Connect repository option at the Destination step of the wizard.
To specify backup cache settings:
- Select the Enable backup cache check box.
- In the Maximum size field, specify the size for the backup cache.
When defining the size of the backup cache, assume the following:
- Each full backup file may consume about 50% of the backed-up data size.
- Each incremental backup file may consume about 10% of the backed-up data size.
- In the Location section, specify where Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows will create the backup cache. You can select from the following options:
- Automatic selection — select this option if you want to let Veeam Agent pick a location for the backup cache automatically. On every computer added to the backup policy, Veeam Agent will detect a volume with the largest amount of free disk space and create the backup cache in the Veeam Backup Cache folder on this volume. To learn more, see Backup Cache.
- Manual selection — select this option if you want to specify a location for the backup cache manually. If you select this option, in the Folder field, specify a path to the folder on a protected computer in which backup files must be stored.