Connecting to Veeam Backup Server
To create Veeam Agent backups on a backup repository managed by Veeam Backup & Replication, you must connect to a Veeam backup server.
Consider the following:
If you add a connection to another backup server, backups created on the Veeam backup repository managed by the original backup server will become unavailable in Veeam Agent. To continue using the original backup server, you need to delete the connection to the new backup server and re-create connection to the original backup server. After that, all backups previously stored on the backup repository will become available again. You will need to re-create all backup jobs that use the original backup server as well.
To connect Veeam Agent for IBM AIX to a Veeam backup server, use the following command:
veeamconfig vbrserver add --name <vbr_name> --address <vbr_address> [--port <vbr_port>] --login <username> [--domain <domain>] [--password <password>]
- <vbr_name> — name of the Veeam backup server that manages the backup repository.
- <vbr_address> — IP address of the Veeam backup server.
- <vbr_port> — port over which Veeam Agent for IBM AIX must communicate with Veeam Backup & Replication. The default port used for communication with the Veeam backup server is 10006.
- <username> — a user name of the account that has access to the Veeam backup repository.
You can specify a user name in the username or username@domain format. In the latter case, you do not need to specify a domain as a value of the --domain option.
You cannot provide a user name in the domain\username format.
- <domain> — a name of the domain in which the account that has access to the Veeam backup repository is registered.
- <password> — password of the account that has access to the Veeam backup repository. If you do not specify a password as a value of the --password option, Veeam Agent will prompt you to enter the password when you run the veeamconfig vbrserver add command.
Permissions on the backup repository managed by the target Veeam backup server must be granted beforehand. To learn more, see Setting Up User Permissions on Backup Repositories.
user@srv01:~$ veeamconfig vbrserver add --name vbr01 --address 172.17.53.1 --port 10006 --login veeam --domain tech --password P@ssw0rd
When Veeam Agent for IBM AIX connects to a Veeam Backup & Replication server, Veeam Agent for IBM AIX retrieves information about backup repositories managed by this Veeam backup server and displays them in the list of available backup repositories. You can then specify a Veeam backup repository as a target for a backup job.
To view the list of backup repositories, use the veeamconfig repository list command. To learn more, see Viewing List of Backup Repositories.